DEADLINE TO COMPLETE LOCAL LEAGUE MATCHES is Sunday, April 5, 2020
EXCEPTION: For leagues with EXACTLY 5 teams the deadline is Sunday, April 12, 2020
There will be no extension of time given to complete any segment of play. If a local league match is not played, it will count as a loss for both teams.
Adult 40 & Over playoff weekends are scheduled for Thursday - Sunday
- First Round: April 16-19, 2020; deadline to notify opponent is April 13 at 9:00 pm
- Second round: April 23–26; deadline to notify opponent is April 20 at 9:00 pm
Captains may always agree to play earlier (but not later) than the deadline [See League Regulations 2.00B(1)]
- Sectionals: May 15-17, 2020 - to be played in the Sacramento Area
- Tiebreak Procedure - 4-Line Format Only (2.02A(1)a): Points Per Position will be used to determine standings. A win in the #1 doubles position will be worth 2 points. Match wins in the other positions (#1 Singles, #2 doubles, and #3 doubles) will be worth 1 point each. The team with the most cumulative points in local league play at the end of the season will be in first place in the flight. In the event that teams are tied in points won at the end of the local league season, the following shall be used to break the tie in the order listed:
2) Fewest Sets Lost
3) Fewest Games Lost
4) Coin Toss
- S/A/D Rule (1.04D(4)c): For Adult 40 and 2020 Mixed 40 leagues at the 3.5, 4,0, 4.5, 4.5+ NTRP level utilizing four or more individual matches within a team match, a team roster may include up to five (5) players with a Self-rating (S), Appealed (A), Dynamically Disqualified or Promoted (D).
- Match Minimum for Playoffs (NorCal LLAR): A player with a valid year-end Computer (C) or Mixed Exclusive (M) NTRP rating must have played in two matches for the same team to be eligible for postseason play with that team; one default will count for eligibility. A Self-rating (S), Appealed (A), Dynamically Disqualified or Promoted (D) rated player must have played in three matches for the same team to be eligible for postseason play with that team; a default will not count for eligibility.
- Prescheduling Rain Make-up Dates for Playoffs (2.02A(4)b): In addition to notifying the visiting team [per 2.02A(4)a], the home team may preschedule up to two rain make-up dates and times within the designated weekend. These additional dates and times must be given at the same time as the original match date and time. If the original match date and time is rained out entirely or was in progress and suspended due to rain, the prescheduled make-up dates must be used in chronological order unless otherwise agreed upon by both captains.
- Unplayed Playoff Matches (2.02A(4)f): All playoff matches shall be played. If a playoff match does not begin play in a majority of individual matches by the scheduled deadline, the winning team will be determined by a draw done by USTA NorCal League staff. The draw will be weighted to reflect the playoff position of the two teams. This rule does not apply in the case of a total team default.
EXCEPTION: 2.02A(4)d If a league has a wild card, and the playoff match is not required for advancement, the captains may agree not to play the playoff match.
- Flights with 4 or fewer teams will have a two-team playoff on the designated first playoff weekend. Team #1 will host Team #2.
- Flights with exactly 5 teams will have one extra week of local league season play in order to have 10 matches. The top two teams will have their playoff on the designated second weekend of playoffs to accommodate this variance. Team #1 will host Team #2.
- Flights of 6 or more and sub-flights will have a 4-team playoff. On the designated first playoff weekend, Team #1 will host Team #4, and Team#2 will host Team #3. The winners from the first weekend will play on the designated second weekend with the home-court advantage going to the team ranked higher at the conclusion of the local league season. The winner in each flight or sub-flight at the conclusion of playoffs will advance to districts.
- If both captains agree, they may hold their playoff matches earlier than the designated timeframe. If for some reason a team is not able to participate, NorCal will always attempt to offer the playoff opportunity to another team. However, all teams should always expect to play in a playoff round. No extension of time will be given to complete any playoff match. All captains in a flight may agree before the season starts to not to hold playoffs and must notify NorCal.
- Levels 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5+ are now 4-line leagues. Levels 2.5+ and 5.0+ remain 3-line leagues.
- Team Participation Fee at Championships: Teams which qualify for and wish to participate in District or Sectional Championship events are required to pay non-refundable championship team fees for that event. The fees must be paid at the time the team registers for the event. Teams must be registered by the deadline set by USTA Northern California for the event.
- The fee for 4-line leagues is $120
- The fee for 3-line leagues is $90
- Players may only play for one team at a given level from playoffs through Sectionals.
- Reference Match Minimum for Playoffs above to inquire about elgibility.
- To avoid losing home-court advantage, plan ahead so that you can post or notify your opponents of the match date and time by the specified deadlines. Refer to 2.02A(4)a and 2.02A(4)c.